Tuesday, August 05, 2003
...the list of the learned...
...the time...9:47 p.m...the day...Tuesday, the 5th of August...the music...Fatboy Slim f/Macy Gray...
First things first...there, that's better. This song, "Love Life" was working my nerves, so I took care of that right away. Whew! I'm steaming hot, boys and girls! Just got back from my nightly jog with a side of walk. I hate trying to get in shape, I really do. Exercise is just the pits...and I'm not talking about Brad and Jennifer. That was a shit-awful joke, wasn't it? That's what I thought. Anyhow, I needed to go for some sort of physical activity...I was stressing over my final project for my Internet Research class. I was assigned the topic "America Shouldn't Leave the United Nations." Hello! I spent over an hour and a half trying to pick apart the various search engines for just five small websites that support that statement, and I have come up with nothing. I think I'm going to e-mail my professor and beg for a new topic. It's only fair, right? I think I got the shaft as far as topic assignments go.
So, today, when I got home (I was supposed to stay and work late tonight...hehehe...left 5 minutes early...ha!) and I checked my e-mail like I always do. Checked out my friend Ryan's (ATL Ryan) online confessional, found a letter I had written to an old friend years ago, and then it hit me...I'm going to make a list of everything I've learned in my life so far...and I mean, the more you live, the more you learn, so the list will be ever growing. And I'm not speaking of information you'd gain in trig class, or when the Declaration of Independence was signed...I'm talking about the little things that life teaches you each day...I've come up with 25 things so far, and I'll think of many more...but I'm going to post them here in this blog, and then add to it as I see fit...but I encourage everyone to do the same...and then we can compare from time to time...I think it'd be fun...and probably uplifting or life affirming, even. Feel free to comment...I wish blogger had a tool for allowing people who read this to post their thoughts, too...maybe I'll add the chosen few to that list that allows readers of my choice to add to my blog...we'll see what happens...but in the meantime...here are the first 25...or is it 26? We'll see...hold please...and here it is...the beginning of THE LIST:
Things I’ve Learned in my 25 years of life...so far...
1) That retail is of the devil.
2) That sunsets will never bore me, no matter how many I see.
3) That the sound of the ocean will always choke me up on the inside.
4) That walking barefoot through the grass is a childhood pleasure I’ll never let go of.
5) That people use the word “friend” way too liberally.
6) That having a best friend makes you one of the chosen few.
7) That not all people who go by “Bubba” are necessarily bad.
8) That pure, calming silence is a gift.
9) That searching for the one thing that completes you will make you forget that it has always rested within.
10) That “Showgirls” really isn’t that bad of a movie.
11) That high school is an entity that you spend years trying to get over, but never really do.
12) That first loves bring the sweetest kind of pain.
13) That everyone secretly wants to be either a member of, or one of the “Friends”
14) That God never really forgets who or where you are.
15) That grace really does appear at the most opportune moment.
16) That nothing will ever compare to recess.
17) That we all break a little wind when we laugh really, really hard.
18) That the person you least expected, will forever be a part of your life.
19) That someone talks just as bad about you, as you talk about them.
20) That innocence is the one thing we all lose, but will never stop looking for.
21) That grown men really do cry.
22) That we’d never admit it, but everyone knows at least one line from any given Britney Spears song.
23) That clowns scare just about everyone.
24) That at one point or another, we all forget the true meaning of Christmas.
25) That it’s easier for someone to hear an insult about themselves than it is to shoulder a complement.