Monday, August 25, 2003
...hello, Clarice.
the time...8:46 p.m...the date, Monday, August 25...the program...Road Rules: South Pacific
So, here I am. Freshly arrived from my first night of my Legal Training Course. HORSESHIT! Aside from being the sole alpha male (was that redundant?) in a room full of former pre-teen mothers, (Springer, eat your heart out) getting to the conference room where this course is taught was an adventure in itself. It's being taught in a rehab facility (who shall remain nameless). I walked in, approached this solid glass cube where a lone receptionist awaited my greeting...I signed in, received a facility pass that I had to clip to my shirt, signed a confidentiality agreement that I would not discuss anything I came in contact with while I was in the building, was escorted by a nurse to a locked door, about 4 inches of thick steel, walked down a long corridor to an elevator, rode to the second floor, and was escorted to the conference room in question. This whole experience was straight out of "The Silence of the Lambs." I was not so eagerly awaiting the splashing in the face of some patient's bodily fluid. CRRRRRRAZY! My first impression of this course was not so great. Aside from the fact that I truly believe it will kick my butt in the same manner as my previous classes, I'm sadly not feeling the vibe I did in my other ones, the vibe that helped to motivate me to finish it out. We'll wait and see. I'll just have to suck it up and be a trooper for a few months. This too shall pass...
...and so will my ass...from Tulane to a different school. Going to a satellite campus is not all it's cracked up to be. The administration in New Orleans seems to be partaking of the Bourbon Street tempations a bit too often, seeing as how I'm receiving letters notifying me that I have been placed on academic probation (attention: Paul does NOT do probation in any way, shape or form)...oh yes folks, it happened...so, I called New Orleans this morning and they notified me that it was a computer error, and to disregard the letter. Whatthefuck? Seriously, get with the game, folks. We'll see how it pans out, but I definitely see myself switching to yet ANOTHER school. AHHH!
So, I've vented...there you have it. Hope something cheery happens soon...;-)
Goodnight, peeps.
Comments:
Post a Comment