<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 31, 2003

...lactose free life



The time: 5:25 p.m. CST...the location: My computer...the music: "Smack My Bitch Up"...the mood: totally fucked.

I've had a hell of a day, folks. How many times do I have to say that I hate my job? I know it must get tiresome hearing those words come out of my mouth, but God knows it's even more tiresome having to say them on a daily basis. But I'll go ahead and do it again, because there's no sense in my stopping now...I HATE MY JOB! Day after day, I walk into this place (I found out that legally, I can't lambast (is that spelled right?) them because they'd sue the Wop out of me) and find myself surrounded with the worst every cliche has to offer. I have the rich, the poor, the lazy one who takes a break from taking a break, the arrogant quadsexual who's warhead needs to be dismantled, the post-gen-Xer who's intent on crying a river for themselves on such a regular basis, that I now make sure to include a floatation device in my daily wardrobe, the chemically fried former rave girl who apparently doesn't realize that your pants are supposed to fit. Seriously, I know more about what she has down t-h-e-r-e than her OB/GYN...control the toe, if you will. And those are just my coworkers...I haven't even begun to delve into the over the hill, wannabe sex pot, bleached haired, geeked up on Dexatrim boss I have to work for.

Well, today I had absolutely reached my limit. So, soon after I lost all quantities of cool and let my temper fly, I did what any respectable, profession employee would do. I walked out, drove home, fixed myself a margarita, hid it inside of a "Big Gulp" cup, and went back to work. It was a quick fix, but it worked. This business is a vicous cycle, and one that I will be ever so thankful to jump out of in the next few months. Before I can save the world, I have to save myself.

The one problem that boggles me is finding a reason for the convergence of the unbearable. When I was in high school, at least I was able to pinpoint a probable cause for all of the oddities that made their way into good old MCHS...we were located directly beneath the interstate (fumes), right next to a bayou famous for it's washing up of medical waste, drug accessories and dead bodies, next to a sewage plant, and last but not least, we sat parallel to numerous sets of high tension wires. So all those elements inevitably combined to create some sort of hellacious environmental effect. I don't know. I digress. I'm going to stop blogging about my pathetic work life.

And this is why I'm angry. I have absolutely nothing of substance to add today...just a venting of anger and frustration and pent up alcohol that I have yet to sweat out of my system. ...ahh, maybe later.

Live long...prosper...fuck the annoying.

p.s. Yes, the one slice of good news I have, the real reason I signed on today...I have an announcement to make...I have found...yes...here it comes...the news you've been waiting for...I have found....LACTOSE FREE ICE CREAM! Yummy in my tummy folks...it's amazing. I haven't had ice cream in years...I just need to work around the fact that it gives me the great ability to "take flight" if you catch my drift...and you'll know if you catch my drift!!! HA!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?