<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 28, 2003

...a case of the monday's



Is it possible, that if Tuesday fell where Monday resides, that it would suck just as much? What is it about Mondays? What if our work weeks ran from Thursday through Tuesday. Would Wednesday suck just as much? So, today was a day like any other. The sun rose, I dragged myself out of bed, fell asleep in the shower, crawled out 45 minutes later, skin wrinkled and sagging off my bones, got dressed, drove to work, pretended I enjoyed saying "Goodmorning" to most of the people there, tried my hardest to find a place where no one would bother me, instead I got paired up with "Purgatory with breasts," went through the paces, smoked a cigarette at lunch time, wasted some idle time, and drove home around 4:00 p.m.

Now, I'm sitting here. Waiting for my laptop to fully charge so I might finish work on my case study. Food Lion v. ABC. Routine stuff, really. One suing the other for fraud, conspiracy, etc... Hopefully, I'll finish up tonight, unless I doze off on my keyboard again. Just finished watching "Winona Rules" on VH-1...think I'll recommend it to others. I enjoyed it, then again, I personally believe Winona RULES! Yes! She took on Saks Fifth Avenue! You rule, Winona! That's over, I've turned the t.v. off, put on some music..."Where Do I Start, Where Do I Begin?" It's a Chemical Brothers bit...off my "Vanilla Sky" soundtrack. What the hell am I talking about?

Here's a question: Are the majority of people who claim to be happy, really happy? Isn't it a possibility that many people fool themselves into thinking that they are truly happy, and enjoy their life, because if for one moment, they ever realized that happiness was a stranger to them, they'd self destruct? Just a question.

I saw an old ghost today. A person I knew when I was naive to all things concerning life. It was cold. I was cold. At first glance, it became an out of body flashback. Does that make any sense? I felt as if I had re-lived half a decade of life in the span of a few minutes. Remember when life used to be simple? There was nothing but school, attempts to avoid homework, spending time with your best friend and deciding what to do on Friday night. I truly believe that life, at this moment, could be simplified to that level again, if only we would allow it to be. You take "school" out of the equation and replace it with another area of your life, naturally...but I don't think it's a healthy habit we have, craving complication the way we do...the way the world does. Whatever happened to silence? Whatever happened to pausing for a moment? Whatever happened to staring into space? Practices designed to calm our senses have become like kryptonite, in this modern and overly-hyped way of life the universe has adopted. I wish I could change that for everyone. That'd be my world-wide gift...

...goodnight.
p.

p.s. Get the "Vanilla Sky" soundtrack...it really is worth it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?