<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 25, 2004

...lost in generation what?



Clint Eastwood accepts Sean Penn's award and gives his own speech? Nuts.

Anyhow...you know what I hate about Biloxi, MS? We never get the good movies. That's almost reason enough for me to hit the road. Like "Monster," for instance...want to see that movie so bad I can taste it...will it ever play here in humble, conservative, podunk Biloxi? Most likely, not. Send me a big city multi-plex, PLEASE! Ahh, whatever. People in larger cities hate the noise, long for a quiet, small town life. People in small towns hate the quiet, the smell of cow dung, long for a big city life. We'll never be happy, will we? I guess that's why God created the suburbs.

Hey, question...What generation am I a part of? I'm guessing I'm part of the generation too lazy to name itself...maybe the steroids in meat products have a side effect of doing away with all forms of motivation? Who knows. I was just thinking today...how nice it must be to stand for something, you know? To be a part of a quest, or a fight, or a march belonging to something of some meaning. To find something that awakens passion, that makes the eyes light up, to turn your ears red because of the adrenaline that runs through the veins...I hope that before my time has expired, that I'll have found something, a cause, that I'll be able to help out, that I'll be able to contribute time to in hopes that something better will come as a result of that. Or maybe I should just take up traveling as my main pasttime? Whatever.


dream about it...goodnight...
paul

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?